Thursday, June 2, 2011

Numero Siete

Well, I haven't updated in a long time because I am in the new transition of switching jobs and adjusting my lifestyle to fit the new schedule. But, by all means, that doesn't mean I have stopped crafting.

The earliest craft I made was for a friend. He absolutely loves the Dallas Cowboys. Why? Don't ask me because I have no earthly idea why, but he does. I made him this magnet board. I hope he likes it. I am sure he will since he likes anything with the color blue.
 Also, I have been changing out the look of my bedroom from high school, teenage girl, to an adult. So, I've been painting my furniture and finding things to redecorate to match my new pretty blue bed spread. I went to Hobby Lobby earlier this week and bought blue satin material to reupholster my chair that I painted and flowers to hot glue onto my lamp. I was really aiming for a feminine look. :o)

Just an FYI to anyone who is wanting to repaint furniture- don't use Latex paint. You have to paint over it 32840945 times before it remotely looks decent. Those to you who knew that all ready, I am an idiot. However, I used what I had versus going out and buying more. What ever works I suppose? I do feel like my furniture turned out really well though. I can't wait to finish my dresser and desk to match.
The lamp is my favorite part. I saw it on a DIY project online some where (probably www.designsponge.com) and I immediately wanted to do it. I was just waiting to get into my storage unit and dig it up! It would be really cute for a little girls room also, I think.




No comments:

Post a Comment